Pietro Brosio Gallery

"The Universal Peace", 1976, oil on canvas 100x70cm.


June 30, 2008



June 20, 2008

Feast of the Consolata

The Sanctuary of Consolata, known simply as La Consolata, is one of Turin's most splendid example of the baroque. The Sanctuary dates back to Guarini and Juvarra (centuries XVII-XVIII) and in 1906 became papal basilica by the Pope Pio X. The worship of Saint Mary the Consoler dates back to the 4th century but received great impulse in 1104, when, on 20th June, the blind Jean Ravais, coming from Briançon after a vision, found the effigy of Consolata got lost and simultaneously recovered the sight. From then on the worship of Consolata has never been interrupted.

The superior altar, inaugurated in 1714, is due to Juvarra. In the middle, displayed among a series of angels, the picture of Consolata.

Our Lady Consolata

The Crypt of the Grazie, on the same place where the effigy was found in 1104, has a refine baroque altar; the stuccoes of the vault date back to the XVIII century.

The organ (1861) is due to Guglielmo Bianchi. On the couples of pilasters in red marbles of Verona are hanging the ovals showing the "Via Crucis" of the painter Nicola Arduino.

On the vault the fresco showing the glory of the Virgin (Bartolonio, century XVIII)

June 16, 2008

June 12, 2008

June 3, 2008

Parco Villa Tesoriera

Turin, the Parco Villa Tesoriera (1715)

Posted by Picasa