SINCE 2008SINCE 2008

Pietro Brosio Gallery



"The Universal Peace", 1976, oil on canvas 100x70cm.

SINCE 2008SINCE 2008

May 29, 2012

Madonna del Pilone






The church Madonna del Pilone (Our Lady of the Pillar) in Turin, between the river Po and the hills, derives its name from a column erected in 1587 in honor of the Virgin Mary. From 1644 it was considered miracolous and became an object of veneration: records show that in March 1645 a small chapel already existed on this site attracting large numbers of worshippers. The construction of the church began after 1645. The bell tower was added in 1787.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 20, 2012

Piazza Palazzo di Città



The City Hall of Turin was designed in 1663 by the architect Francesco Lanfranchi, and was the transformation of an existing medieval palace



The neogothic monument in front of the City Hall, erected in 1853 and representing Conte Amedeo VI di Savoia taking Gallipoli in 1366, is the work of Pelagio Palagi





Windows, balconies, arcades of the Piazza Palazzo di Città (City Hall Square)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 9, 2012

Sculptures by Tony Cragg

In Piazza d'Armi, in Turin, the sculptures by Tony Cragg (Liverpool, 1949)
More information about the artist: Wikipedia here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...